- 1 Why can’t I play a DVD on my Dell laptop?
- 2 Does the Dell Inspiron have a DVD player?
- 3 How do you open the DVD player on a Dell laptop?
- 4 How do I play DVDs on my Dell Inspiron Windows 10?
- 5 Why DVD is not detected?
- 6 What to do if DVD is not reading?
- 7 How do I insert a DVD into my Dell computer?
- 8 Does my Dell Inspiron 15 have a CD drive?
- 9 How do you open the CD drive on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series?
- 10 How do you open the CD drive on a Dell laptop without the button?
- 11 How do I open my CD drive without the button?
- 12 Why won’t my DVD play on my laptop?
- 13 Can Windows 10 play DVDs?
- 14 What is the best program to play DVDs on computers?
Why can’t I play a DVD on my Dell laptop?
Uninstall and reinstall the Dell provided playback software (DVD or Blu-ray movie playback issues) If you are having trouble with movie playback, try to uninstall and reinstall the Dell provided playback software. You can use the software installation disc that may have come with your Dell computer.
Does the Dell Inspiron have a DVD player?
The answer is NO. Most laptops today do not come with a DVD player. Problem easily solved. You can buy a portable DVD player for about $30.
How do you open the DVD player on a Dell laptop?
To eject the tray within the Operating System, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Click on Computer or My PC on the left pane of the window.
- Right-click on the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive icon and select Eject.
How do I play DVDs on my Dell Inspiron Windows 10?
First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
Why DVD is not detected?
Reinstall or Update Driver in Device Manager Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
What to do if DVD is not reading?
Blu-ray or DVD movie discs do not play: Make sure the drive supports the disc type. If supported, install compatible movie playback software. Go to DVD playback options for Windows (in English) for more information. Discs burned on a different computer do not play: Burn the disc again using another brand of blank disc.
How do I insert a DVD into my Dell computer?
Start by pressing the drive’s eject button, which pops out the tray (often called a drink holder in computer jokes). Drop the disc into the tray, label side up. Gently nudge the tray back into the computer. The tray slides back in the rest of the way on its own.
Does my Dell Inspiron 15 have a CD drive?
Note: be sure to get on that is compatible with your laptop. The problem that you and many others myself included have is that the laptops do not have a cd drive, they never did. we all bought them without one. the solution to that I believe is to go to Dell and order one. you can install it yourself.
How do you open the CD drive on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series?
Press Windows Key + E Click on This PC. 3. Right click on the CD/DVD drive that contains the disc and click on Eject.
If you can’t find the button, you can open the Computer window (assuming you are running windows) and right click on the optical drive and select eject. You could also stick a paper clip into the hole in the front of the drive to eject it.
In Windows, search for and open File Explorer. In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject. The disc tray should open.
Why won’t my DVD play on my laptop?
You may come across the problem that your DVD won’t play on Windows 10 when you insert your disc into the disc drive. The causes of this problem can be that your Windows 10 does not have a proper DVD playback software, or that something is wrong with your CD/DVD drive.
Can Windows 10 play DVDs?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. For more info, see Windows DVD Player Q&A. If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.
What is the best program to play DVDs on computers?
Part 2: Top 7 Free DVD Players Software for Laptop: Windows PC and Mac:
- VLC. VLC media player is available for free as an open source media player and it works like a cross platform type multimedia player.
- GOM Player.
- 5K Player:
- Windows DVD Player: