- 1 What is the highest note on alto saxophone can play?
- 2 What is the hardest song to play on saxophone?
- 3 What is B sharp on alto sax?
- 4 Is Sax a wind instrument?
- 5 Which saxophone is best for jazz?
- 6 What is the lowest note on the alto saxophone?
- 7 How long does it take to learn saxophone?
- 8 What are overtones on saxophone?
- 9 How does the octave key work on a saxophone?
What is the highest note on alto saxophone can play?
In E♭: sounds a major sixth lower than written. Most modern alto saxophones can reach a high F♯ (or higher using altissimo fingerings).
What is the hardest song to play on saxophone?
At a head-spinning pitch of 286 beats every minute, backed by a chord progression that demands the utmost level of preparation and performance, the Giant’s steps by John Coltrane, recorded in 1959, is touted as the ultimate challenge in the history of jazz.
What is B sharp on alto sax?
A “b sharp” is fingered like a “c.” Well, actually, if you fingered with the middle finger LH, which is a stand-alone fingering, that would be a C. A true B# would be first finger LH (B) and then with the RH side key, raising the B one half step.
Is Sax a wind instrument?
The saxophone is one of the most unique and versatile wind instruments of all time. Although it was originally envisioned as a classical and military instrument, it has since made its way into almost every genre of music around the world from pop and rock to jazz, classical, and the avant garde.
Which saxophone is best for jazz?
Five of the best saxophones for jazz
- Selmer TS44 Professional Tenor Saxophone Black Nickel. Reasonable pricing. Great sound and playing feel. Engraved bell.
- Yamaha Custom Alto Saxophone YAS-82Z Lacquered. Check Price on Amazon.
- P. Mauriat Le Bravo Intermediate Alto Saxophone Matte Finish. No engraving. Neck: Nickel-silver Brass.
What is the lowest note on the alto saxophone?
Whether you play an alto saxophone, tenor saxophone or any others, the range is the same for all saxophone, therefor, the saxophone fingering chart shown below applies to every type of saxophone. The lowest note is B flat and goes up 2 and one half octaves to the top F.
How long does it take to learn saxophone?
The point here is that, it may be more or less, but 10,000 hours is a workable, manageable goal that you can chip away at. So if you’re looking for a precise answer for how long to learn saxophone. There may be some benefit in keeping a timesheet, marking off how much practice you do.
What are overtones on saxophone?
An overtone is any frequency higher than the fundamental frequency of a sound. In other words, if you’re playing a low Bb, there are actually other notes quietly sounding at the same time as that low Bb.
How does the octave key work on a saxophone?
On a saxophone, the octave key is positioned next to the left-hand thumb rest. Pressing the octave key opens the top tone hole in the neck of the saxophone. Alternatively, whenever the G key is fingered, the top tone hole closes and a small tone hole is opened near the top of the body.