What key is Blue Jean Blues in?
Blue Jean Blues is written in the key of Bm.
How do I start learning the blues?
The Best Way to Learn Blues Guitar
- Learn a basic blues shuffle.
- Practice playing the shuffle along with a drum machine or backing track.
- Learn some simple blues guitar licks.
- Practice playing those licks over a backing track.
- Pick an easy blues song and start learning it from start to finish.
What are the basic blues chords?
15 easy blues guitar chords to learn
- A7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- A7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (moveable) (Image credit: Chords)
- E7 (open) (Image credit: Chords)
- E7 (moveable) (Image credit: Chords)
What are the blues typically about?
Early blues frequently took the form of a loose narrative, often relating the racial discrimination and other challenges experienced by African-Americans. Many elements, such as the call-and-response format and the use of blue notes, can be traced back to the music of Africa.
What time signature is the blues usually in?
The term “12-bar” refers to the number of measures, or musical bars, used to express the theme of a typical blues song. Nearly all blues music is played to a 4/4 time signature, which means that there are four beats in every measure or bar and each quarter note is equal to one beat.