- 1 Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
- 2 How can I play a DVD on my MacBook Air?
- 3 How do you put a CD in a MacBook?
- 4 Why won’t my Mac play my CD?
- 5 How do I play a CD on my Mac without a CD drive?
- 6 Can I plug a DVD player into my Mac?
- 7 Is there a DVD player on MacBook air?
- 8 Why can’t I play a DVD on my Mac?
- 9 How can I watch movies on my MacBook air?
- 10 Can you play a CD on a Mac?
- 11 How do I open the CD drive on my MacBook Pro?
- 12 How do I play an external DVD on my MacBook pro?
- 13 How do I connect my USB SuperDrive to my MacBook air?
Can you put a CD in a MacBook Air?
If your Mac has a built-in optical drive, or if you connect an external optical drive (for example, an Apple USB SuperDrive), you can use CDs and DVDs to play music, watch movies, or access files that were backed up on a disc.
How can I play a DVD on my MacBook Air?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
How do you put a CD in a MacBook?
How to Insert a Disc in a MacBook
- Turn your MacBook on in order for the drive to function properly.
- Push your disc gently into the disc drive.
- Continue pushing your disc into the drive until the electrical mechanism recognizes that a disc is being inserted.
Why won’t my Mac play my CD?
Make sure the disc is correctly placed in the drive. See if the disc is dirty or damaged. The easiest way to do this is to try it in another computer with a compatible drive. If it’s an audio CD or a video DVD, you might also try it in a CD or DVD player.
How do I play a CD on my Mac without a CD drive?
After you have, open the Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click DVD or CD Sharing Options. Check the “Enable DVD or CD Sharing” box here. Once you’ve enable the remote disc sharing on either a Mac or Windows computer, you can open the Finder on your Mac without a disc drive.
Can I plug a DVD player into my Mac?
Answer: A: Your MacBook Air has an HDMI OUTPUT port. It does not accept HDMI input. You can connect a USB or thunderbolt DVD/CD drive to your Mac if you like.
Is there a DVD player on MacBook air?
Apple makes such a thing in the form of its $79 USB SuperDrive. Just jack it into your MacBook’s USB port and shove your discs into it as needed. With it you can play DVD movies, play and rip CDs with iTunes, and install software if it’s compatible with your Mac.
Why can’t I play a DVD on my Mac?
DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated. For that, you can repair or buy a new DVD drive, or reset NVRAM (or PRAM) via press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys to shut down your computer and turn on later.
How can I watch movies on my MacBook air?
In the Apple TV app on your Mac, click Movies at the top of the window, then click a movie. Watch a free preview: Scroll to Trailers, then click a preview to play it. Press the Esc (Escape) key or click the Close button to return to Movies.
Can you play a CD on a Mac?
You can use Music to listen to the music on your CDs. In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer. Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
How do I open the CD drive on my MacBook Pro?
Eject CDs and DVDs from your Mac
- Eject a disc from the desktop: Select the disc you want to eject, then choose File > Eject [disc].
- Eject a disc from an optical drive: Press the Eject key.
How do I play an external DVD on my MacBook pro?
Use an External Optical Drive Once you’ve attached your external drive to your Mac, you can use it in exactly the same way as a built-in optical drive: simply insert the DVD or CD into the SuperDrive, and the relevant media-playing app should launch automatically.
How do I connect my USB SuperDrive to my MacBook air?
To use your SuperDrive, connect it to a USB-A port on your Mac*, then insert a disc. Make sure that the aluminum enclosure of the SuperDrive is facing up. To connect your SuperDrive to a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) or USB-C port on your Mac, you can use one of these adapters: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.