- 1 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 2 Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
- 3 How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
- 4 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 5 How do I play a DVD on Windows?
- 6 Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
- 7 How do I watch a DVD with Windows 7?
- 8 What is the best free DVD player download?
- 9 Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
- 10 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
- 11 How do I get my Windows 10 to play DVDs automatically?
- 12 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 13 What is the best program to play DVDs on computers?
- 14 Why won’t my DVD show up on my computer?
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
Why won’t Windows Media Player play my DVD?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. We recommend downloading this software from www.videolan.org in order to play DVDs on your computer.
How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
My DVD Player Won’t Work on My Computer
- Open the DVD drive and insert a DVD. Close the drive and allow the computer to recognize the disc and boot up the player.
- Open and close the DVD drive several times.
- Inspect the DVD.
- Re-install the DVD player on the computer by uninstalling first.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version since 2000. While Windows 8 will default to the metro style Music app, you can still use WMP. Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop.
How do I play a DVD on Windows?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
How do I watch a DVD with Windows 7?
Here’s how you can use it to watch your favorite movie on DVD:
- Insert the DVD and choose Start→All Programs→Windows Media Center. The Media Center opens to the main menu.
- Locate and double-click the Movies option. Scroll vertically through the main menu items.
- Click the Play DVD option on the submenu.
What is the best free DVD player download?
List of Best Free DVD Player Software
- WinX DVD Ripper.
- CyberLink PowerDVD 20 Ultra.
- VideoLAN VLC media player.
- DVD Player-Free.
- 5K Player.
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my DVD drive?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
How do I get my Windows 10 to play DVDs automatically?
In the Control Panel, type DVD in the search box. Click on the Play CDs or other media automatically under the AutoPlay category. In the AutoPlay window, scroll down until you see the DVD category. Choose an action for all different types of the DVD media.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
What is the best program to play DVDs on computers?
Part 2: Top 7 Free DVD Players Software for Laptop: Windows PC and Mac:
- VLC. VLC media player is available for free as an open source media player and it works like a cross platform type multimedia player.
- GOM Player.
- 5K Player:
- Windows DVD Player:
Why won’t my DVD show up on my computer?
Restart the computer and Windows should auto-detect the drive and reinstall the drivers for you. If your hardware is not even showing up in the Device Manager, then you may actually have a hardware problem, such as a faulty connection or a dead drive. It’s worth checking this option out if the computer is old.