- 1 Why do YouTube videos play automatically?
- 2 How do I turn off autoplay on YouTube on my home screen?
- 3 How can I stop videos from playing automatically?
- 4 What happened to the Autoplay button on YouTube?
- 5 How do I stop YouTube from scrolling at 2021?
- 6 How do I stop videos from automatically playing on Instagram 2020?
- 7 How do I stop videos from automatically playing in Google Chrome?
- 8 How do I turn off autoplay on YouTube in Chrome?
Why do YouTube videos play automatically?
YouTube recently updated the home feed in its mobile application so that videos will now automatically begin playing (without sound) as users browse. If you choose “Wi-Fi only,” videos will only automatically play on your home feed when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How do I turn off autoplay on YouTube on my home screen?
Turn off Autoplay on Home First, open the YouTube app on your Android smartphone. Next, tap on your avatar in the top right corner of the interface to launch the Account menu. From there, select Settings. Now, choose the Autoplay category near the top of the list.
How can I stop videos from playing automatically?
Using the Android app
- Click the menu button at the top right of your screen.
- Once you’re there, scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy,” then “Settings.”
- Scroll down until you find “Media and Contacts” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Autoplay” and set it to “Never Autoplay Videos.”
Autoplay has been added to the video player on YouTube. Google has moved the autoplay toggle on the company’s video site YouTube. If you open the web version of YouTube, you find it attached to the media player now.
How do I stop YouTube from scrolling at 2021?
Click Accessibility, display, and language > Data usage > Autoplay > Never, which will prevent videos and GIFs from automatically playing as you scroll. On iOS and Android, click your profile and select Settings and Privacy > Display and Sound and uncheck Media previews.
How do I stop videos from automatically playing on Instagram 2020?
Disable autoplaying for videos in Instagram
- Launch Instagram and navigate to your profile page.
- From there, tap on the Settings gear (iOS) or the three dots (Android) in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Preferences section, find the “Auto-Play Videos” option, and uncheck the box.
How do I stop videos from automatically playing in Google Chrome?
Unlike Firefox for Android, which supports several popular add-ons, Chrome for Android does not offer support for extensions. That means, as of April 2021, there’s no way to block autoplay media in Chrome on mobile devices, including Android, iOS, and iPadOS.
How do I turn off autoplay on YouTube in Chrome?
To find it, tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the Chrome app and then hit Settings. Then, select Site settings and then locate Media near the bottom of the list. Here, you should find the Autoplay option. Inside, you can toggle off the autoplay feature.