- 1 How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
- 2 Why won’t my computer play a DVD?
- 3 What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
- 4 How do I play a DVD on Windows?
- 5 Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
- 6 Can I use a DVD player with my laptop?
- 7 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 8 How do I play a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop?
- 9 How can I play a DVD on my computer without a DVD drive?
- 10 How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
- 11 Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
- 12 How can I watch dvds on my laptop for free?
- 13 Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
How do I get my DVD player to work on my computer?
My DVD Player Won’t Work on My Computer
- Open the DVD drive and insert a DVD. Close the drive and allow the computer to recognize the disc and boot up the player.
- Open and close the DVD drive several times.
- Inspect the DVD.
- Re-install the DVD player on the computer by uninstalling first.
Why won’t my computer play a DVD?
First, make sure that the computer’s optical drive is capable of reading DVD media. If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed.
What is the best free DVD player for Windows 8?
Hare are five free apps to get around the lack of native Windows DVD playback and let you enjoy your DVD collection.
- VLC Media Player.
- GOM Media Player.
- XBMC Media Center.
- Daum PotPlayer.
How do I play a DVD on Windows?
To play a CD or DVD Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Does Windows 8 have Media Player?
Windows Media Player (WMP) has been included in every version since 2000. While Windows 8 will default to the metro style Music app, you can still use WMP. Windows 8 still includes Windows Media Player, but you’re not going to find it on the Start screen or the Taskbar on the desktop.
Can I use a DVD player with my laptop?
Unfortunately, you cannot just unplug a DVD player from your TV and plug it into your laptop to watch DVDs. This wikiHow will teach you how to connect a DVD Player to your laptop using an HDMI cable with a video capture card that plugs into your laptop’s USB port.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
How do I play a DVD on my Windows 10 laptop?
Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
How can I play a DVD on my computer without a DVD drive?
How to play DVDs on a laptop without a DVD drive
- Use an external DVD drive. Shop HP External Drives Now.
- Create ISO files for virtual disks.
- Rip files from CD, DVD, or Blu-ray.
- Share CD and DVD drives over Windows network.
How do I fix my DVD drive not detected?
What can I do if the DVD driver for Windows 10 is not detected?
- Delete the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Device Manager.
- Create new registry keys.
- Check if your DVD drive is properly connected.
- Set your DVD drive as the first boot device in BIOS.
- Remove Virtual Drive Software.
- Use the Hardware Troubleshooter.
Does Windows 10 come with a DVD player?
Windows DVD Player in Windows 10. Users who upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, or from Windows 8 with Windows Media Center, should’ve received a free copy of Windows DVD Player. Check the Windows Store, and you should be able to download it for free.
How can I watch dvds on my laptop for free?
Part 2: Top 7 Free DVD Players Software for Laptop: Windows PC and Mac:
- VLC. VLC media player is available for free as an open source media player and it works like a cross platform type multimedia player.
- GOM Player.
- 5K Player:
- Windows DVD Player:
Why can’t I play dvds on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. Therefore DVD playback is more troublesome on Windows 10 than on previous versions. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc.