How can I be a better winger in football?
Top 5 Traits of a Good Soccer Winger
- Endurance. The winger is the most physically demanding position on the field.
- Speed. Wingers constantly beat players down the sideline and run into space.
- Dribbling ability.
- Crossing ability.
- Defending ability.
- Beat your man.
- Pass when delayed.
- Master sop-and-start moves.
Who is the best winger?
Top 10 Wingers in the World Right Now
- Lionel Messi – Barcelona.
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Juventus.
- Sadio Mane – Liverpool.
- Kylian Mbappe – PSG.
- Raheem Sterling – Man City.
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool.
- Neymar – PSG.
- Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund.
Who is the best right winger in the world?
A stalwart for his country, he has scored 13 goals for Slovenia in 73 appearances.
- leroy sane.
- riyad mahrez.
- ferran torres.
- Domenico Berardi.
- Bernardo Silva.
- jadon sancho.
- angel di maria.
- mohamed salah.
How do you defend against a quick winger?
- Stand goal side of your defender.
- Don’t get right on his back.
- When you see that midfielder put their head down to pass the ball over the top you start running in the direction it’s going.
- When you turn and run to chase the ball down, push off your attacker.
What position is a winger in soccer?
Association football In football, a winger is an attacking midfielder in a wide position. Wingers are usually players of great pace or dribbling ability so as to provide cut-backs or crosses from which strikers can score. Their main function is to support attack from the wings.
How can I be the best at football?
Get yourself a set of cones and practice dribbling the ball distances until you’re used to it.
- Keep on top of your fitness.
- Train regularly.
- Take feedback on-board.
- Join a local league.
- Study the game.
- Set personal goals.
- Get a football coach.
- Watch, and enjoy, the game.